Talk

Advanced search

BFP but now BFN?

(5 Posts)
blowzylouella Mon 25-Feb-19 11:25:32

Hello everyone, so af was due yesterday. No sign of her, and i got a bfp below with fmu!
Bought the clear blue digital to test with this mornings fmu and it said not pregnant!! I dipped another cheapie like the one below in this fmu and yep it was bfn!!
Have i had a chemical?
Have a i had a false positive?
Am i being impatient and there's still hope?
I feel like af isn't coming.....
I'd really appreciate any replies!
Thankyou! X

blowzylouella Mon 25-Feb-19 16:02:41

Anyone?

Megan2018 Mon 25-Feb-19 16:08:18

The clear blue digital tests are not very sensitive at all - I'd test with something better, like FRER or another pink dye test - Boots do one.

It's impossible to say - it could be a chemical or you could need a more sensitive test.

I'd test again in a few days if no AF, I know the waiting is horrible!

SuziQ10 Mon 25-Feb-19 16:49:28

I had a chemical pregnancy this month.

Not saying this is why you've had a bfn after a positive at all, just a possibility.

But my experience was that I got a BFN before period was due. Then I tested again at 3 days late. I had a positive (although quite faint). Tested the next day and the second line was even fainter. Then period started the following day, 5 days after it was due.

First response tests seem to be reliable. Could you try one of those this evening / tomorrow?

blowzylouella Mon 25-Feb-19 16:54:39

Thankyou very much for the replies and sorry about you CP. I am going to buy more tests and just keep testing i guess, fingers are crossed!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »