Talk

Advanced search

TTC #3 come join me!

(59 Posts)
Lucylondon32 Sun 03-Feb-19 20:26:14

Hi,
I seem to be struggling trying to find parents TTC number 3 so thought I'd start a thread.

I currently have a 2yo DS and 4yo DD
Hoping for one more to add to our family!

After weighing up the pros and cons we have decided to have a go and see what life has planned for us

X

TheGruffalosLoveChild Wed 13-Feb-19 08:15:15

I totally relate to that Nameless. I’m working full time and with a 2 and a bit year old and a 1 year old my entire salary goes on childcare (I actually took a new job and had to negotiate my salary up, just to make it match the childcare costs sad). All the other mums I know don’t get why I would do that just to keep my career going (in fact some have been really catty about it) so, with a few lovely exceptions, I don’t really have any “mum” friends that I can bounce ideas off. Then my other friends are all “career girls” (hate that phrase - do we ever refer to men as “career boys”?) so also can’t really relate.

I think I have ovulated in the last 24 hours so now it’s the 2WW. Tbh an end of October/early Nov Baby isn’t ideal (my reason is very outing!) so I won’t be devastated if it doesn’t happen this month. Besides, it took us a few years to conceive DC1 so we may have a long journey!

Also Namesless - I’m sure once a third arrives your DH would never resent you, especially if you say he’s a good father. It sounds as though he just had a little wobble.

NamelessEnsign Wed 13-Feb-19 12:55:34

Gruffalo wow, you are juggling a lot! I think unless you hate your job, it is always worth keeping things ticking over. My industry moves fast and is very reliant on networks. It’s so difficult to get back into if you take a break. My company have been great overall. I suspect I may be there forever! (Though I can already tell they will be shocked if I have a third).

Good luck and I hope it is a lot faster than a few years for you this time smile.

shouldntbeonhereagain Wed 13-Feb-19 18:29:44

Hi all. Just an update. Found out today I am pregnant with #4! No idea when I ovulated as just off pills md no period so it’s a bit of a guessing game. Very excited/nervous! Good luck everyone!

NamelessEnsign Wed 13-Feb-19 18:44:53

Congratulations shouldn’tbe!

Kinsella82 Wed 13-Feb-19 18:46:53

Congratulations @shouldntbeonhereagain great news!

shouldntbeonhereagain Wed 13-Feb-19 20:13:56

Thanks so much! Now just have to get my head round it all again! (And tell husbanf!)

TheGruffalosLoveChild Thu 14-Feb-19 13:08:36

Oh wow! Congratulations! How are you feeling? Best of luck x

TheGruffalosLoveChild Mon 18-Feb-19 12:12:14

How is everyone getting on?

Kinsella82 Mon 18-Feb-19 13:53:04

Not too bad @TheGruffalosLoveChild thanks for asking. I don't really know where I am. App says 6 days until AF so I'm trying to be patient but it's hard. Feeling a lot of different symptoms and it's hard not to get hopes up.
How are you getting on?

TheGruffalosLoveChild Mon 18-Feb-19 14:34:29

Oh bless you. It’s so hard isn’t it! Your body plays cruel mind games grin. Are you going to test or wait to see if AF turns up?

No news from me. I can probably test at the weekend/by Monday next week. Part of me wants to know asap so that I know where I stand, but another part of me doesn’t want to get caught up in all that and potentially wasting lots of £££ on pregnancy tests!

Nat87alie Mon 18-Feb-19 15:02:43

Normally I notice ovulation pains and ewcm, but nothing this month, but I think it must have happened last week. Not sure if that’s a bad sign? I never show up positive on a test until earliest 2 days after AF due, so a long wait for me!

TheGruffalosLoveChild Mon 18-Feb-19 16:10:25

Oh no! I hope the time passes quickly. Did you ovulate early do you think? If so, something may show up on a test a little earlier.

Blondie87 Mon 18-Feb-19 16:45:55

Hi!
So glad I've found this thread. Been umming and ahhing over whether to go for a third but decided to not try, not prevent. So of course I'm obsessively looking out for ovulation 😂 Not had a chance to read all the thread but I got a positive OPK today which has completely thrown me as I usually ovulate between CD 15-20 and it's only CD12. Won't be able to dtd now around ov unfortunately but we did on Saturday so do you think I have a chance??

All the best to all of you also trying!

NamelessEnsign Tue 19-Feb-19 22:56:01

Good luck, and welcome, blondie.

It does seem like the early cycles after starting TTC (even though you are ‘not preventing smile) are calculated to befuddle us. My first proper attempt brought me my longest cycle in nearly a year!

I am roughly 8dpo (I don’t chart, but have signs from CM). I think I’m expecting a shortish cycle this time as I seemed to ovulate on day 11 or 12. Work travel got in the way again, so we were a little later than I would have liked. I think that is going to happen a lot! How is everyone else getting along?

Nat87alie Thu 21-Feb-19 08:39:31

Oh no, I’m symptom spotting 😫however much I’m trying not to!!

TheGruffalosLoveChild Thu 21-Feb-19 14:05:57

Oh no! It’s so easy to do isn’t it. Even though I know symptoms of pregnancy are exactly the same as pre-AF symptoms I always get my hopes up!

Oh how annoying Nameless. I hope you have better luck next month!

NamelessEnsign Thu 21-Feb-19 18:16:11

Nat so am I 🤦‍♀️. I feel sick at times! Remember this feeling very well indeed.

I am on CD22. Last cycle was 28 days but they are often 23-26. I can’t promise I will hold out! I reckon I am past 10dpo though.

NamelessEnsign Sun 24-Feb-19 09:01:38

How is everyone doing? CD24 for me and expecting AF any day between now and CD28.

DH seems to be fully on board with the plan, now! Even though one of his best friends has just let us know he is separating (his wife has been unfaithful), which is definitely something that makes you think twice about life!

Blondie87 Sun 24-Feb-19 10:39:05

I've got a wedding next weekend so I'll be testing on Friday as I want to know whether or not I can have a couple of drinks plus I have no will power when it comes to testing!

Blondie87 Sun 24-Feb-19 10:40:17

How would your families react to you going for no3? I think they'll think I'm mad as my DC are both preschoolers!

Kinsella82 Sun 24-Feb-19 13:29:21

Hey everyone. Af due today but no sign yet. Tested yesterday and day before and nothing so I'm not very confident at all sad
Anyone ever get BFN right up til there AF was due and then get a BFP!?

Blondie87 Sun 24-Feb-19 15:50:30

Until your period arrives, you're definitely in with a chance. If you ovulated later than you thought you might not be due for a few more days anyway.

EnsignRoLaren Sun 24-Feb-19 19:00:33

Blondie I suspect our families will be baffled and surprised. They definitely think we are done! They aren’t great at the baby stage and I suspect us having three will definitely impact on their willingness to help out!

Nat87alie Sun 24-Feb-19 19:23:59

I got negatives both times until at least 2 days after af due date. I also got implantation bleeding 12 dpo, so I must implant late and therefore get late bfp. I’m doing that thing where you think you feel symptoms, but are so cautious about creating false hope that you try to ignore them which just makes you notice them more! I’m 10dpo now I think

EnsignRoLaren Sun 24-Feb-19 19:28:04

I on the other hand had a definite positive from CD21, with DC2. Finding out at three weeks made for the longest pregnancy in the world 🤦‍♀️. Thankfully DC2 arrived (healthy and well) at 37 weeks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »