Talk

Advanced search

sex a day before coil removal

(6 Posts)
wafflelady Mon 23-Oct-17 23:03:42

I remember the leaflet saying avoid sex for a week after coil removal (if it was a hyperocsopy removal) due to infection. I said let's have sex to my dh!
The doctor today says when did you last do it, I then realised as I said Saturday.... she did remove it as I said it would be ok.
How did I not realise it would be risky doing it less than 48 hours before it was removed! Guess I will wait about 12 more days before I test.......blush I already have two so should know better!!

bubblegumunicorn Tue 24-Oct-17 07:15:46

I was told not to for a week before I had it out as sperm can live for 5-7days you probably aren’t ovulating though so you should be okay? It’s just a bit of a risk still

wafflelady Wed 25-Oct-17 21:08:37

Time will tell I guess smile

ReasonableLlama Wed 25-Oct-17 23:34:53

Do you want a baby? Is it too late for the morning After pill?

wafflelady Thu 26-Oct-17 18:36:47

Not sure re baby, we were at risk for downs for years ago so it has put me off a bit. Saying that if it was an accident then it's meant to be!

The odds were only a 58 % success rate for the morning after pill two days past sex. I have been spotting all day today so think period is on it's way?!

ReasonableLlama Thu 26-Oct-17 20:43:33

If you really didn’t want a baby then 58% odds is better than 0%/100% (can’t do maths but you see what I mean).

I don’t know you but I would suggest deep down you would be happy wink

When I was in a position where a baby was completely out of the question I would take the 58% odds any day. Now days I’m like well if it’s happens it happens I will be over the moon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now