Talk

Advanced search

How long have you all been trying for #1

(28 Posts)
SpongeCake23 Mon 23-Oct-17 22:01:36

I'm coming into month 5.

For those of us who are trying for number one, how long has it been so far?

xx

physicskate Mon 23-Oct-17 22:05:43

Started ttc March/April 2016... so closing in on 20 months. Started clomid this cycle. Diagnosed pco/pcos about two months ago. Two chemical pregnancies.

Bubblegum89 Mon 23-Oct-17 22:13:03

I’m ttc number two but it’s the first with my partner. 11 months and about 3 days away from going into my 12th.

Pickle0 Mon 23-Oct-17 22:23:22

Well over 1 year. Recently diagnosed PCOS. On day 5 of metformin, so fingers are crossed!!

Downyonder Mon 23-Oct-17 22:23:53

With my 2nd it was just over 12 months. I’d had blood tests taken the month before to check when I was ovulating and attended a gp appointment where they told me I needed further tests.... 2 days later I did a test and it was positive. Relax and enjoy. It’ll happen xxx

physicskate Mon 23-Oct-17 22:30:02

Down yonder- I’m sure you are trying to be helpful, but it’s really patronising to be told that for the 8 millionth time. Sometimes it’s just not that simple...

I know this is exteme, but would you tell someone with a different medical condition to just relax, and they’ll be cured??

That is literally the worst advice you could give to a group of desperate, hormonal (clearly!!) women...

FrowningOwl Mon 23-Oct-17 22:35:38

Also like @physicskate 20 months and counting. Wasn’t actively trying so we would be relaxed about it all but came off pill in 2016 and wondered if something was wrong as it’s been nearly two years and no BFP! Recent blood test came back fine but DH due to do SA.

A friend decided she wanted DC #2 and fell pregnant first month of trying sad

SpongeCake23 Mon 23-Oct-17 22:35:45

@pickle0 what does metformin do exactly? I'm wondering whether I have PCOS at the moment. Has been thrown around as a possibility by my GP in the past.

SpongeCake23 Mon 23-Oct-17 22:37:48

@physicskate good luck on clomid, I hope it works for you flowers
What does it do exactly? Just curious on the info that's all.

physicskate Mon 23-Oct-17 22:44:34

Clomid makes you ovulate. I ovulated irregularly and now suspect I didn’t during a few cycles. I ovulated cd 15 this cycle! Confirmed by ovarian tracking. Will get a blood test in a few days too to confirm progesterone levels.

Pickle0 Mon 23-Oct-17 22:58:12

*@SpongeCake23*... metformin is normally used for diabetes but is an "off label" go-to medication for treatment of PCOS. Although not enough proof for it to be an official PCOS med, it helps regulate hormones by balancing insulin level - helping to regulate periods and ovulation and therefore helping with PCOS/ TTC... that is basically what my DR told me.

Went to see DR about my trouble TTC after coming off the pill nearly 3 years ago and irregular periods (had gone 4 months without one). Lots of blood tests, abdominal and internal scan later was told I have PCOS and DR suggested metformin, so I was willing to give it a go.

Downyonder Mon 23-Oct-17 23:15:36

I apologise. I never read all the replies. I never meant to offend anyone.

Hippychic18 Tue 24-Oct-17 06:48:43

I’ve been ttc since October 2016 - had blood tests and all ok but I did have slightly high prolactin levels as I was getting stressed about it in the beginning. I think it’s important to try and relax but it’s easier said than done when you want it soooo badly.
Keep going ... and try to remember that it can take up to 12 months if not a bit longer even when there is nothing wrong.
Good luck everyone xxx

PNGirl Wed 25-Oct-17 18:51:48

10 months. It's been hard to watch women I know who started trying when I did get pregnant and give birth before I even get started tbh.

MrsRL Wed 25-Oct-17 22:36:17

Now in month 13, from charting my temp I can see that I ovulate every month, but my luteal phase is variable and I get spotting. Hormone tests are all coming back normal, and my Dr can't refer for further tests until we've been trying for 18 months. While lots of close friends are having babies or announcing their pregnancy.

CupcakeEater Wed 25-Oct-17 22:40:13

coming up to 3 years, high testosterone but not PCOS, waiting for my referral

MouseLove Wed 25-Oct-17 22:42:55

14 months. I had a mmc at 10 weeks in early February. It was cycle 3 for me. Now, Cycle 13 and I’m just getting on with life. The trick is not to let it take over, still live and enjoy life and when/if it comes, it comes in whatever shape or format. Xxx

ReasonableLlama Wed 25-Oct-17 23:32:33

@Pickle0 how are you finding metformin?

I tried it years ago before TTC (its early days for us) and it made me so so so sick. To the point even looking at the tablets made me nauseous. I did lose 4lb a week which was unsurprising

cannonball8726 Thu 26-Oct-17 08:26:22

Great mindset, mouselove. I need to adopt that thinking!

TTC #1 for 7 months. In cycle 9 now.

DoAsDreamersDo Thu 26-Oct-17 08:35:26

I'm on cycle 6. I'll give it another 6 months and then go see my GP if nothing has happened.

catlover1987 Thu 26-Oct-17 08:44:09

Actively trying for about 15 months but been off contraception since Dec 16. In the middle of investigations now. Hope you get your BFP soon OP!

Jamon Thu 26-Oct-17 08:44:53

TTC1 for almost two years - currently on cycle 24 waiting to start IVF. Unexplained infertility.

It’s all so unpredictable and I don’t think relaxing and expecting it will just happen helps.

That said I hope you are not waiting much longer OP

cannonball8726 Thu 26-Oct-17 09:19:00

That sounds really hard, jamon. Wishing you all the best with IVF.

juneybean Thu 26-Oct-17 09:30:30

Up to cycle 13 now, so going to head to GP to ask for some advice smile

CircleofWillis Thu 26-Oct-17 09:45:22

We tried for 7 years before I became pregnant. 4 years just with no protection then 3 years actively trying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now