Talk

Advanced search

Faint BFP - no idea when my last period was!!

(11 Posts)
MieMoosMummy Tue 21-Mar-17 12:43:59

Hubby and I decided to start trying for #2 as soon as he got back from Iraq. With an already breastfeeding toddler we didn't think it would happen this soon (he got back beginning of march) and so I wasn't paying much attention to my cycle. Now I have no idea how many weeks I would be, what do i do?? confused

Flashinthepan Tue 21-Mar-17 13:28:30

Well if he only got back beginning of March then from a conception point of view you can be at most 3 weeks if you ovulated one or two days after he came back. Its true that you can't date it from last period if you can't remember when it was, but they will sort out dates etc once you have a scan.

I would call the GP and say that you have a positive test but you aren't exactly sure how far along you are, and they may recommend an early scan to establish dates so that you don't miss certain testing milestones etc.

You can know when the first time you had sex was after he came back, which at least puts a maximum date on it. Good luck and congrats!

WantToGoingTo Tue 21-Mar-17 19:50:05

To estimate count number of weeks from when you had sex, then add two weeks. As ovulation on average occurs about 2 weeks from last period. But second going to GP as a scan at 8 weeks can be used to date when dates are ambiguous

Mungobungo Tue 21-Mar-17 22:58:11

As others have said, although you don't know lmp, you do know when the earliest conception date would have been (when he returned) so the midwife would use that date to narrow down dates for your dating scan.

Lots of women don't know their lamp date and midwives have ways of narrowing down an estimated lmp or conception date (mostly asking when the sex occurred or when symptoms started to appear).

Congratulations!

MieMoosMummy Wed 22-Mar-17 08:45:43

Thank you everyone! I feel like a bit of a wally for not paying more attention, I usually calculate when I'm due based on my neighbor as we synced up to a certain extent! Will give my docs a call this morning x

Sazwest Wed 22-Mar-17 09:39:04

Have u took a test xx

MieMoosMummy Wed 22-Mar-17 09:58:33

Hi Sazwest, yes took a test yesterday morning and although it was faint, there was definitely a line! Probably take the other test in the packet in a day or two. Mostly because I don't think I can stand to have it just sitting around!! X

Sazwest Wed 22-Mar-17 10:29:36

Yeh take it with fmu tomorrow xx

MieMoosMummy Thu 23-Mar-17 09:05:19

Nice clear line this morning grin

Nospringflower Thu 23-Mar-17 09:07:20

So at most you can be 5 weeks now if he got back 3 weeks ago. Congratulations.

user1471495191 Thu 23-Mar-17 09:08:42

Try a clear blue digital for a number of wks estimate?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now