Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation confusion

(17 Posts)
Alicejj8x Wed 18-Jan-17 06:33:32

Just wondering if someone could help me please!!!
From the 6th jan I've been getting 2 lines come up on my ovulation tests.. when I say two lines... one being darker than the other ( which i have read and been told they have to be of the same colour to know ovulation is happening ) some days the test line is dark some days it's faint but hasn't ever been as dark/ darker than the control line which is negative ?..... is this a sign that ovulation is going to happen soon? As the apps I've got told me I wild ovulate 8th jan and another says the 11th jan ( which I got 2 lines but one faint)...
my periods are irregular and have recently been for a scan but everything showed as normal!
I'm just wondering will my ovulation be later due to irregular periods ? I'm taking a conception pregnecare tablet which I've heard from a few people pushed there ovulation date back!
Since the 2 lines we have been Baby dancing jjst to be sure ?
Can anyone please give advice. Thankyou! X

MrsCharlieD Sat 21-Jan-17 16:47:37

I can often have 2 visible lines on an opk's, my understanding is that lh is usually always present in urine to some degree. When I'm nearing peak days the test line gets darker but when it's positive is is obvious. I've recently switched to using clearblue digital tests which I've found much easier as there's no guessing the result with those. This is a positive opk I had last month.

Alicejj8x Sun 22-Jan-17 09:47:10

Ahh Thankyou for replying!!
Wow yours is very positive. Mine never got to that stage? The test line did get dark some days but never to the colour of the control line?.. I'm wondering if when it got dark as I didn't test again if I missed the surge? We did bd a lot around the time of the dark line do you think I could of caught it?
Yes I think I'll wait to see if AF shows up and if she does I'll get the clear blue ones next month
Just praying I didn't do a test but caught the surge ! My periods are all over the place so I guess i might not of ovulated yet? From the last time I was on it was 113 days till I got my period xx

Kfaraidon Mon 23-Jan-17 11:16:46

Anyone can help me and tell me when did I ovulate and why my tests are like this strong line in morning faint line in evening?

Alicejj8x Mon 23-Jan-17 11:27:38

It's so confusing isn't it?!
Mine loooked like that but never got the as strong as the control line / darker so I don't know if I missed the surge

Alicejj8x Mon 23-Jan-17 11:59:02

Mine have been like this

Kfaraidon Mon 23-Jan-17 12:04:42

So after this testing I have no idea when to count DPO

CupofTeaTime Mon 23-Jan-17 12:21:14

@kfaraidon the closest your tests look like they turned positive is 17.01.16 on the am test. You might be better off with a clearblue monitor as it is really hard to see on any of those tests which are positive or not

CupofTeaTime Mon 23-Jan-17 12:22:40

@alicejj8x those tests aren't positive. I would maybe see you GP for blood tests if one of your cycles was 113 days long. Do you have PCOS?

CupofTeaTime Mon 23-Jan-17 12:23:25

@kfariadon sorry I mean the 19th

Alicejj8x Mon 23-Jan-17 12:30:13

I have had blood tests and all came back normal. Then I had a scan to check everything and that was all normal and my scan was the 5th jan they checked ovaries and the lady couldn't see any reason why my periods were so delayed
That's the thing they don't look positive and that's how they have been they haven't ever got darker? Do you think where my cycle was so long that my ovulation wil be delayed to so it could to early to test for ovulation?
I am meant to come on this Wednesday but we're have to wait and see
However I do have quite sore boobs.. which have got bigger a few cramps I my belly here and there .. sore back and quite abit of CM? C

CupofTeaTime Mon 23-Jan-17 12:46:16

I would say the cycle of 113 days you didn't ovulate hence the super long cycle. Did you have day 3 and day 21 bloods done?

Frazzled2207 Mon 23-Jan-17 12:57:32

Hi. Just to say that my opks were like that i.e. Never particularly dark but there were two lines for 2/3 days a month which must have been "it". I got pregnant twice anyway so don't worry too much.

Kfaraidon Mon 23-Jan-17 13:05:54

Thank smile

Alicejj8x Mon 23-Jan-17 13:07:20

I have heard of people still getting pregnant even though the lines aren't as dark/darker than the control line
I hope this has happened to me as they started faint then did get darker in colour before fading away again?

Alicejj8x Mon 23-Jan-17 13:08:18

No I didn't have day 3 and 21 bloods I just had a lot of different tests to test hormone and had one for LH

FedUpofMyBaby Mon 23-Jan-17 17:02:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now