Talk

Advanced search

When to test? help!

(4 Posts)
Elly1685 Mon 16-Jan-17 19:15:06

Hi All,

I'm a little confused about when to take a HPT.

Briefly: Came off the pill June 1st, had first AF December 19th so a really really long cycle.

Since finishing AF in Dec, counted days and did OPK's. had some faint lines and they got a little darker but no positive line... I'm now CD 28...

So the question is.. do I test or do I just wait?! No positive OPK so can't count dpo, but maybe I missed the surge? I was a bit rubbish about testing and holding urine... or maybe it's another 6 month cycle?!

What would you do?

confusedat23 Mon 16-Jan-17 19:49:50

Hi Elly if i was you i would go to poundshop and buy a load of HPT sticks and just do one a week till AF... i'm sure i read on here thats what someone was told to do by their doctor

pinkywink Mon 16-Jan-17 19:52:25

I'd be surprised if after that really long cycle that you'd settle straight into the classic 28 day cycle, I don't mean that unkindly just that's been my own experience!
Took me a long time to settle into a regular cycle and I found opks tricky.

I did find temping every morning and monitoring cervical mucus the best way to track ovulation, so then I was able to look out for my period/embrace my POAS addiction 14 days later.
Order a cheap bbt thermometer online, amazon have lots and an app like fertility friend to help track ovulation.

Elly1685 Mon 16-Jan-17 20:10:01

Thanks both, don't worry pinky - I know what you mean and I definitely think I'm in for another long cycle sad!

I will order a thermometer and some cheap HPT's and see how i get on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now