Good news

(8 Posts)
Newbird1 Fri 30-Dec-16 17:40:15

Hi everyone

I posted a couple of months ago for the first time. My details:

28 years old
TTC 6 months
MMC 8 years ago

My last post was me basically saying how down I was after my period was 5 days late and I got my hopes up. It was a horrible lonely experience and made me question trying to have children.

Anyway 2 months later and I got my BFP!

I thought I would share the good news and say the things I did differently this time which I think helped me conceive.

First of all I stopped with the ovulation sticks. I have a pretty regular cycle so with the app as well, I decided to put down the sticks!!!

Secondly when we conceived my husband and I had gone on a short holiday. I had read online that holidays whilst ttc can help, although I always thought that was just coincidence. But I actually think this was the reason it worked this time. I wasn't stressed, my husband wasn't stressed. We weren't having the boring, 'chore sex' as I call it. It was actually just nice normal sex!

Thirdly I didn't bother with the whole legs up in the air for half an hour after. This may or may not have contributed to us conceiveing but it was the first month of trying where I didn't bother.

So over the moon now with the big fat cross we just got (which i feel like I've been waiting for, forever).

Good luck to all you lovely ladies on your baby journey's x

sarahboro1 Fri 30-Dec-16 20:29:14

That's fabulous news congratulations!! Xx

Gingerbreadmam Fri 30-Dec-16 20:31:36

congratulations! lovely news grin

Gingerbreadmam Fri 30-Dec-16 20:31:39

congratulations! lovely news grin

Phoenix76 Fri 30-Dec-16 22:11:36

How wonderful! Congratulations!

EvieSparkles0x Sun 01-Jan-17 19:32:58

Ooohhh huge congratulations, wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy flowers

Lovechild2016 Sun 01-Jan-17 19:35:08

Congratulations and thank you for sharing. It's lovely to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel! Xxx

Amz26 Sun 01-Jan-17 19:57:38

Congratulations really glad you got your BFP X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now