Talk

Advanced search

Are we TTC

(3 Posts)
Lifeisforlivingkatie Sun 28-Dec-14 21:13:13

I discussed coming off Mirena with partner. I had it removed a few weeks ago. I had 3 day bleed the day after. WS this a real period? Anyway e plainer to my partner that pregnancy could happen as soon as Mirena is removed so we needed to use latex until I could use persona after 3 cycles. He said he understood how various forms of contraception works and has read the NHS leaflet the doctor gave me.

Anyway although we have a regular sex life the removal of the Mirena has made him even more in the mood. doing it up to 2 daily and not using latex, withdrawing or any thing despite reminders from me. He is a very responsible person in life and we have a great relationship. He is not very chatty about emotions. He is more demonstrative. Any way I have two kids and he has none. I don't mind if I get pregnant and he has assured me he would be a great dad. He has of however not plainly said let us please have a baby... I am 39 so it's now or never.

The question is how is it it to get pregnant after Mirena and two would it be a good idea to conceive when a man has not verbalised the desire of a baby.

alien11 Mon 29-Dec-14 09:38:15

Hi I had my first Mirena removed in July 2010 and conceived my DD in Dec 2010. I had my 2nd Mirena removed July this year and as yet have not got pregnant with no.2.

Re your partner not verbalising his wish for a child I think the fact he is happy to have sex without protection is a sure way of him not being worried about have a child with you?? Surely if he wasn't sure he wouldn't want to risk any chances? Simple chat with him about it would ease your worries?

Lifeisforlivingkatie Mon 29-Dec-14 19:21:38

Thank you Alien, so based on the above you should get pregnant very soon. do you think the first bleed after Mirena is a real period?

Regarding DP, I have been reminding him daily to use latex but he is not and the last two weeks we had had adult time a minimum once a day but usually twice. I suppose the ball is in my court. He is great with my two so I know he would be a great dad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now