Talk

Advanced search

Newbie, TTC and the devil that is the depo!

(3 Posts)
MrsLowe14 Mon 10-Nov-14 20:30:11

waves
Evening ladies, I'm new here. I've been TTC since July (last depo was April) after being on the depo for a number of years. Nothing much to report as nothing seems to be happening, going to be cracking out the champagne when I get a period lol! I've had an aching cramp recently which I'm hoping is things coming back to life. Been contemplating a clear blue ovulating monitor but as I've not had a period I can't really track anything which is frustrating and tbh, if I've not had a period then I'm not going to be ovulating either. I think I just want to feel like I'm 'doing' something (if that makes any sense) rather than just waiting every day to have a period. I know it's been done to death so apologies, but how long did it take people to conceive after the depo? smile

daisysunshine2 Fri 14-Nov-14 16:49:02

Hi smile I had my last depo (was only on it for 2 injections) June 2013 so been ttc since sept 2013... my cycles were normal by march 2014 and i got pg in august but sadly mc in sept sad cycles went straight back to normal though and so hoping for a BFP soon smile I know it can take up to a year after the depo for cycles to be 100% normal! Hope it doesn't take that long for you, sending you baby dust x

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Fri 14-Nov-14 20:56:43

Hi mrslowe

I'm not sure if I can help with the depo as I have never used but I spent many years with a copper coil. After a long struggle to get it out, I had my period the next day. I am usually VERY irregular sometimes known 90+ days. I am currently on day 51 of the period that I had straight after coil removal.
Today, after very much reading and advice from my GP, I saw a Chinese medicine practioner and had my first session of acupuncture. After the most peaceful hour of my life, I am a well and truly converted sceptic! I have written a plan with the Chinese dr and we plan to have my periods on a regular 28 day cycle with in the next 3 months - this is a mixture of acupuncture and herbal supplements to complement the therapy. I can't give you an amazing success story yet but if you are struggling with your period, a consultation with a Chinese dr will only set you back about £10 and is well worth a look into.

Wishing you lots of luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now