Talk

Advanced search

So...what's the deal with CM??

(2 Posts)
BotBotticelli Sat 01-Nov-14 21:51:09

Sorry - a tmi thread!

I am TTC number 2 in a very loose kinda way. Not bought OPKs yet but trying to make sure we have sex at the right kinda time of the month (we have a boisterous toddler and both work stressful jobs and commute into London so we don't have sex a huge amount...so wanna make sure we make it count!).

I just wondered what the deal is with the egg-white like cervical mucus which I seem to get for a day or two each month...is this a sign that I am about to ovulate?? Or that I am ovulating that day? How does it relate to the best days to DTD?

Any advice most appreciated

AnythingNotEverything Sat 01-Nov-14 21:59:30

I think EWCM is a sign that you are ovulating. It's sort of friendly mucous that the sperm can swim through to find the egg. Other mucous is more hostile.

I've always tracked my cycles on an app which predicts ovulation so we plan to DTD every day or every other day until ewcm when we try DTD every day.

Best of luck. I know how hard it is making time to DTD when you already have kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now