Talk

Advanced search

Just bought the folic acid

(11 Posts)
Katybear123 Sat 01-Mar-14 16:05:02

Ok little scary just bought the folic acid. Me and hubby have agreed I will start taking after we come bk from hol, and then start trying a few months later. Little scary that this means in 3 months time we will be trying..... Do others feel like this when they start? I'm excited but terrified!

TheBuggerlugs Sat 01-Mar-14 16:13:47

Katy the NHS now recommends vitamin D too. If you look on the NHS choices website it should say on there how much.

Good luck. I remember buying the first pre conception vitamins over 3 years ago sad

MrsGingerbread Sat 01-Mar-14 16:27:02

I felt (and still feel) exactly the same.

Good luck!!

RPopz Sat 01-Mar-14 18:41:21

Aw, I remember buying that folic acid was a bit of a milestone for me too lol. Think I forget to take it more days than I remember now tho lol. Good luck x

Tilly28 Sat 01-Mar-14 18:49:36

I also bought it the other day when we did our weekly shop! :-) felt a little bit scary taking it the first time as it made it feel more real!

Katybear123 Sun 02-Mar-14 21:22:56

Thanks everyone so pleased to hear your stories and like you guys adding it to the weekly shop made it real. Thanks for the vitamin D tip will grab that to :-)

EmilyPinkOrBlue Sun 02-Mar-14 21:43:51

Reading this just reminded me to take my pregnacare conception tablets! Thank you!! Lol

NurseyJay Fri 07-Mar-14 11:22:30

I loved buying my preconception vitamins. Bought my first lot in Jan, n we've only just begun TTC. Its our first month, but hoping there'll be enough required vitamins in my system if we manage to conceive smile
Good luck for when u start TTC!!

Sylvanas Fri 07-Mar-14 13:37:48

Hi, I have a pack of pregnacare at home . Made me a little giddy picking it up too grin.
When do people suggest starting to take them? I'm off the pill now and planning to start TTC in May. I was going to start taking them at about the same time but this thread makes me think maybe I should do sooner?

NurseyJay Mon 10-Mar-14 23:38:25

Sylvanas - From what I've read including on nhs site and family planning association (online), 3 months before ttc is the ideal time to start takin pre conception vitamins as then there's enough in your body for if u manage to conceive in your first month.

Sylvanas Tue 11-Mar-14 11:38:51

Thanks NurseyJay, I'll start taking them tonight then smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now