Talk

Advanced search

OPKs and BBT

(4 Posts)
Bezza2508 Tue 16-Apr-13 11:16:56

I have been trying to conceive for 7 months now with no luck so decided to give charting a go.

I had a positive OPK on Sunday (CD15) and then a negative OPK on Monday (CD16). I took this to mean that I ovulated some time on Monday and therefore was expecting to see the rise in temperature this morning to signal that I have ovulated. My temperature has not risen at all (in fact it went down slightly).

Should I be worried about this or is it normal for some people's temperatures to take slightly longer to rise?

MolotovCocktail Tue 16-Apr-13 15:34:21

A positive OPK on Sunday would mean that you were ovulating - or very, very close to releasing an egg - on Sunday. I would have expected to see a BBT rise therefore, on Monday.

I'm not sure why you've not seen a temp rise: is your thermometer a BBT thermo? If not, medical ones only read to 1 decimal place, whereas BBT thermos read to the nearest 2 decimal places. Do you temp at the same time every morning? Do you do it before rising? Are you coming down with something? All of these things can make a difference.

As long as you're having sex every couple of days, try not to become obsessed with OPKs and BBT (take it from someone who knows!) Good luck smile

Iwish Tue 16-Apr-13 20:13:01

I sometimes OVd 2 days after my pos opk Hun. Sometimes I OVd the sane day as my opk. You might find that it rises tomorrow xx

Bezza2508 Tue 16-Apr-13 21:26:51

Thanks for the responses ladies. It is a BBT thermometer and I take my temp at the same time every morning before I get up. I guess I'll just hope to see the rise in the morning smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now