Advanced search

ivf buddies, did u have one embyo put back or two???

(7 Posts)
blondebaby111 Thu 07-Mar-13 12:36:20

Thankyou for all your comments, its still a hard decision. I think u put so much hope for your ivf to work that when it sadly fails you look to see if you should have done anything differently.
Slainte, so sorry for your loss, that must of been so heartbreaking. Do u think you will try again at some point?
Vallinapod, sorry your fet failed...I know must of the time its just luck of the draw but to us its still our creation that's failed. Fingers crossed for u nxt time xx

vallinnapod Mon 04-Mar-13 20:30:05

I had successful IVF with 2 going back - got my DS.

Just had a failed FET. I had two frozen, chose SET and got a BFN. I am beating myself up over not having them both put back this time. Maybe I need that little extra HCG kick to get one to stick?

keepitgoing Mon 04-Mar-13 02:14:43

I'm on ivf number one. If we get to ET stage doesnt want to jinx it I'll put just one back, as I'm 30. But I expect in a second cycle I'd put in two days if no bfp at all. I was told a 35% chance of preg with one, and with two a 45% chance of single preg, 10% chance of twins, 45% of nothing. It's tempting to go for two but I want to try one first.

MewlingQuim Sun 03-Mar-13 19:28:19

I had 2 put in, ended up with 1 DD.

I'm about to embark on more ICSI but consultant said now I'm 40 they could go up to 3 embryos. It depends on the quality of the embryos though, I think good quality they prefer just 1/2, poor quality embryos are less likely to implant so they may do 3 to increase the chance of 1 surviving.

EuroShaggleton Sun 03-Mar-13 12:19:51

I've seen a very close friend go through a very difficult IVF twin pregnancy, so that influenced my decision to go for one (and I did natural anyway, so only got one egg and one embie).

Slainte Sun 03-Mar-13 12:07:27

I had 3 put back! 2 were of good quality and one was medium.

I did get pregnant with one and at 7 week scan they thought they identified 2 in there but when I went back at 10 weeks there was no foetal heartbeats at all sad.

Given the chance again, I'd put the maximum allowed put back in.

Don't know if this is of any help whatsoever to you but didn't want to leave your post unanswered.

Good luck with your next cycle.

blondebaby111 Sun 03-Mar-13 12:01:42

We are getting our minds together to start ivf again in may. Last time we had 3 a blasto stage but got advised to just have one back which failed. Needless to say this time i think (if we are lucky enough to have two) that we will have two back. I know it doesn't up your chances by much but i just want some views and experiences on this??

A few of our friends (who quite frankly don't have a clue, they have never struggled tc) have passed comment about why did not have two back first time. We were clueless so just went with what the experts advised!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now