Difference between early preg symptons in first and subsequent pregnancies

(5 Posts)
TripleRock Wed 05-Dec-12 20:29:59

Hmmm, just poas and bfn. Silly of me really, waste of a test!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Tue 04-Dec-12 23:06:22

With my first pregnancy I had strong implantation cramps too, but I hadn't heard of such a thing at the time and just kept expecting AF to show up..but she never did. No implantation bleeding and no other symptoms until I was about 6 weeks pregnant.

With my second, I didn't have any cramps but did have implantation bleeding. I just assumed it was my period starting early. The only thing that made me think something different was going on was that I suddenly got sharp stabbing pains in my breasts. I definitely never had that first time around.

So for me, there was no real pattern. I guess, with hindsight, my skin stayed clearer both times.

TripleRock Tue 04-Dec-12 20:35:16

Prob Saturday, based on a 30 day cycle, but not 100% sure on my cycle length as a havent paid enough attention since af returned during bf dd.

Hoping to hold off testing to the middle of next week. Heartening to hear that I might expect different to last time!

But disheartening that cycle might be long as our 'slip up' was early(ish) in my cycle sad

nananaps Tue 04-Dec-12 20:26:44

Hmm, different every single time for me for all of my (many) pregnancies.

When are you due af?

TripleRock Tue 04-Dec-12 20:24:23

I am an accidental ttc-er this month but finding myself secretly hoping for bfp and trying to hold off testing a little bit longer.

Can anyone tell me whether their very early preg signs were similar 2nd time round to their first pregnancy, or if there is no pattern?

With DD I had strong implantation cramping and was super teary. But so far nothing zilch, nada, except a couple of dizzy spells. I'm hoping this doesn't mean I'm out for this month (having never really been in!)

Please help distract me, I have got as far as taking the wrapper off the outside of preg test box, plus read instruction leaflet a few times but have so far resisted the urge to poas... smile Give me something else to obsess about for a few days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now