Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Anyone trying to decide whether to go for a 3rd child?

(6 Posts)
Firstgold Thu 25-Oct-12 14:12:22

Title says it all really - anyone else in my boat and can't quite bring myself to take the plunge just yet but pretty sure DH and I would love to for another child. Gulp. DS just 4 and DD 2 early next year.

JellyCurls Thu 25-Oct-12 19:16:39

We decided to try for number 3 in summer, now on cycle 3 after a chemical pregnancy on first month sad . Its scary spiders but what the heck, we will manage. dd is 5 and ds is 2

Firstgold Fri 26-Oct-12 09:42:33

Jelly - hang on in there. Chemical preg is rotten. I had one the first month of trying for DD. The following month I conceived her!
DH saying that he is happy to go for it but only for a finite time - doesn't want us to be too ancient or too far out of nappies etc. Will slightly put the pressure on. I'm not sure I'm ready to go for it until the Spring - to give me a chance to get fit and healthy and because I'm not wild about the idea of another winter baby. But we'll see.

Good luck!

JellyCurls Fri 26-Oct-12 10:24:14

We trying now as dont want a winter baby again (2in Jan is enough). I figure will get fit n health with 3 to run after. Good luck with whatever you decide x

myjobismum Fri 26-Oct-12 10:45:34

Not exactly trying to decide, but have been exactly where you are now! My DS has just turned 7 and my DDjust turned 4 - we decided against a 3rd for ages simply for practical reasons and circumstance rather than actual choice, but it never went away, we always wanted a third and in the end we decided in april time this year to just go for it! I am now sat here 21 weeks pregnant! Today my children are bickering, my nose is running, I am tired and have an awful headache, I know it is only going to get much worse when baby arrives...... do I regret my decision to go for number 3? Not for a second grin

MunchinMango Fri 26-Oct-12 17:09:52

Hi firstgold My story is exactly the same as myjobbut only up to point where I am not pg as had a mmc in April. We debated for far too long whether to have a third dc and for the same practical financial reasons. Now that we have decided to ttc I feel we have left it too late what with very irregular cycles and mmc. My advice would be to just go for it and you'll find a way through the practical stuff.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: