Talk

Advanced search

Help needed right now! Positive opk 1 day before af??

(48 Posts)
Adviceinscotland Fri 27-Jul-12 18:27:20

Shitty shit shit!

Have read on the peeonastick website that opk can in some cases be used as a pg test.

Af not due till tomorrow (no sign of the usual cramps though) and boobs are killing, please tell me there is no chance this is a proper positive?!?!?

kittykatsforever Fri 27-Jul-12 18:37:39

It worked for me both times, first time I thought I was on second cycle as had implantation bleed which I took for af and as soon as I started doing opk bang straight away, second time u suspected but didn't have a pg test and again!
You can't obviously take it as a guarentee, I have heard on another thread that you may get a surge before af but I'd be hotfoot ing it down to the shops as I'd it shows a + on that and you are it will defo show on a hpt! Good luck

boardblonde Fri 27-Jul-12 18:39:41

I got a positive pregnancy test and positive opk before my period was due. I would get a hpt to be sure.

Adviceinscotland Fri 27-Jul-12 18:44:49

Oh no! You were not supposed to say that sad

Aarrgghh I'm away on holiday tomorrow, I'm going to have to find out before I go aren't I?

Dh will think I am mad if I sent him to the shop for a pg test based on the fact I got a bfp on a opk.

Would it not be to early to show on a opk though? I thought they showed up later than pg tests?

boardblonde Fri 27-Jul-12 18:53:30

I had both positive 9dpo, 4 days before my period was due.

Adviceinscotland Fri 27-Jul-12 18:56:03

BUT is it possible to have a positive opk and not be pg (even though the line is much darker than the control linehmm)

Fuck sakes we tried for months (months I tell you) after losing our last baby and not a sniff of a bfp, now that I have got my head round enjoying what I have and being careful(!!!!!!) this happens

boardblonde Fri 27-Jul-12 19:08:17

LH and HCG are nearly identical so OPK's can pick up both. So unless you are ovulating, I think you are pregnant !?! Definitely go get a test smile

kittykatsforever Fri 27-Jul-12 19:09:14

It is possible but only one way to know for sure!!
See what happens when you give up, arnt we always told!!

Adviceinscotland Fri 27-Jul-12 19:17:19

Ok dh is away to asda.

Imconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfused

Adviceinscotland Fri 27-Jul-12 19:18:08

Much hand holding needed

kittykatsforever Fri 27-Jul-12 19:22:59

< ready to hold hands >
Maybe even a sneaky hug shhhh

boardblonde Fri 27-Jul-12 19:36:10

smile

Leftwingharpie Fri 27-Jul-12 19:40:55

Another one who got a positive OPK when first pg. Watching with interest!

kittykatsforever Sat 28-Jul-12 06:02:25

We need updating!!! smile

Adviceinscotland Sat 28-Jul-12 06:13:32

I'm pgconfused

Came up right away last night. Am still in shock but have managed to get a good nights sleep.

TribbleTuckandDismount Sat 28-Jul-12 06:17:19

Congratulations!!! grin

kittykatsforever Sat 28-Jul-12 06:21:21

Congrats!!! I knew it lol
Always maintained you can use opk as pg test aswell grin
Have a great Holliday even without alcohol

Adviceinscotland Sat 28-Jul-12 06:31:04

Thank you.

It's going to take a lot of getting my head around, pretty glad we are going away so I
can try and get my head together a bit.

I have no idea how this even happened blush

Anyone want to tell me how wonderful 4dc are??

boardblonde Sat 28-Jul-12 08:21:48

Congrats!! Both my SIL's have 4 each and they love it. grin

kittykatsforever Sat 28-Jul-12 08:51:51

What's one more when you have 3!! wink

Sambamx Mon 25-Jul-16 15:21:30

Hi all I am new to this and I am looking for some advice I am due my period in two days I've had sore boobs for days.... I finished ovulating over two weeks ago I've took two positive ovulation tests today both positive I've took a pregnancy test I swear I can see a second line but very very faint can this mean I pregnant? Heard ovations test can pick up pregnancy too???,

Writerwannabe83 Mon 25-Jul-16 15:35:05

Can you put up a photo of your pregnancy test??

Sambamx Mon 25-Jul-16 15:35:54

It's really really faint to be honest but I swear i can see something

Sambamx Mon 25-Jul-16 15:40:49

It is so so faint but I can def see something close up

Writerwannabe83 Mon 25-Jul-16 15:45:47

I can't see anything myself but I do believe you if you say you can see something in real life.

Can you go and get a FRER pregnancy test? They are very sensitive and could detect pregnancy this close to your period? You can get them from large supermarket chains.

I have a DS, aged 2, and I got a positive OPK with him the day before my period was due which led me to go and get a pregnancy test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now