Talk

Advanced search

calling clearblue fertility monitor experts!

(4 Posts)
Eachpeach80 Thu 09-Jun-11 08:41:58

Currently TTC no. 2.

I am still BF no 1. Period returned a few months ago and had 2 periods so far at regularlish intervals - about 5 week cycles which was my pattern before too.

When I used the monitor to conceive DS I got about 2 days of high fertility (2 bars) and ovulated on about day 21.

Have used the monitor for the first time this cycle and am currently on day 9 of high fertility on day 22 of cycle! The manual says that usually 1-5 days of high fertility are identified - any idea what is going on?

I got LH surges in my previous 2 cycles using opks - the first cycle on day 24, didn't make a note for cycle 2 but it was similarish.

I assume I am going to ovulate in the next few days but confused why I have so many 2 bar days. Annoyingly, DH goes away on saturday which will be day 24.

Thanks for getting this far.

ElmMum Thu 09-Jun-11 09:22:24

It's all a bit of a mystery but the general consensus seems to be that it takes the monitor one or two cycles to get to know your levels, so you may not get a peak the first month but next month it will know that when your LH levels reach x, that is actually a surge. IYKWIM.

Hope that helps!

backtotheplanet Thu 09-Jun-11 12:58:56

A similar thing happened the first time I used it. 10 high days and 2 peak.
The second time I used it I had 6 high and 2 peak days and fell pregnant. I really think it works so fingers crossed for you!

Sadly I miscarried at 11 weeks so I'm back on my first cycle of using the monitor again!

Eachpeach80 Sun 12-Jun-11 17:14:32

Sorry for your loss backtotheplanet and good luck.
well, I think elm mum's explanation may be likely as I was high fertility until today when I dropped to low without having had a peak. that or I did not ovulate I suppose...
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now