Talk

Advanced search

How faint is too faint?

(7 Posts)
Rupsje Thu 13-Jan-11 19:07:36

Hello there

I have been reading the messages on here for a while but this is my first post.

We have been TTC for a few months, and I am now a week late. After a BFN using a digital test earlier this week, I have now taken a cheap Boots test, which shows a line in the test window and a very faint line in the other window.

The instructions do say one line may be fainter than the other, but this really is very faint. I have no symptoms at all.

I would be so grateful for any thoughts... Are pregnancy tests like ovulation tests, when a faint line doesn't mean anything?

Thank you very much!

kat2504 Thu 13-Jan-11 19:39:09

A line is a line! Congratulations!!

Did the line appear within the time limit and is it the same colour (ie pink or blue, not just a lighter shade of white)?

I would recommend doing another digital test in a day or two. Hope it really is a bfp!

slinkypinky Thu 13-Jan-11 19:43:34

oooh my first test had a line so feint that my dh could not even see it. But I just knew, and a second test later that day (diff brand) confirmed it!
Congratulations- I expect! grin

Rupsje Thu 13-Jan-11 20:04:17

Thanks for your responses. I am so hopeful! I will take another digital test tomorrow to check. The lines were the same colour, and appeared almost immediately.

Very excited!

Cue neurotic thoughts about everything I possibly shouldn't have done over the past couple of weeks, starting with skiing....

Thanks again.

nannyl Thu 13-Jan-11 21:26:14

good luck

i had a test where i would describe the line as a different shade of white... not even pink at all (an ebay one)

that was 5 days before period was due
got a feint positive on 1st responce 4 daysd before perios due and a clear +ve 3 days before due on, again 1st responce..

but that 'different shade of white, only visible when held at a certain angle under a light bulb' WAS +ve!

Rupsje Fri 14-Jan-11 09:10:21

Update: now I have a digital BFP too. Over the moon!

BlackSwan Fri 14-Jan-11 09:23:03

Congratulations!

A line is a line is a line! See peeonastick.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now