Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Minadex vitamin syrup

(2 Posts)
Melfish Tue 03-Nov-09 23:08:06

My DD is a super fussy eater and has not been well and as I'm a bit worried about her not getting vits and iron, have given her some Minadex syrup from the chemist. However, her poo (sorry if TMI) is now a dark brown and rather dry. I wonder if it's to do with the iron in the vitamin syrup and has anyone else who has given their child this product had the same (ahem) response? Should I be trying to give her more veg/water to try and get them to look more normal?

thanks

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Tue 03-Nov-09 23:32:44

Yes, it is because of the iron in it and it would happen to anyone who took it.

I use it for myself and my DD though and we are both fine. I find it really helps to perk us up when ill or a bit run down. Don't worry about the poo too much (although too much iron can constipate so it wouldn't be a bad idea to up the veg and water whilst she is on it).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now