Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help! Nappy Rash appeared on 6mo Dd

(6 Posts)
CyradisTheSeer Wed 23-Sep-09 11:11:44

Message withdrawn

Reallytired Wed 23-Sep-09 11:14:30

I suggest you ask your health visitor. We are in a similar position and had more sucess with metalium than sudocrem.

I think that little girls are more prone to nappy rash than boys. Its hard to clean their girly bits without giving them a bath.

nappyaddict Wed 23-Sep-09 11:46:02

Sudocreme often makes some babies worse. Morhulin is fab (and cheap). Boots don't often have it in stock but can order it in for the next day.

Montifer Wed 23-Sep-09 11:54:49

Could she be teething?

DS got horrible nappy rash when his teeth were coming through, I've read that this is an old wives tale but it seemed to happen before every tooth that came through.

Agree that it's worth checking with the HV as my nephew had similar problem which turned out to be thrush and responded really quickly to canesten.

I've recently read on MN that applying a thin coat of raw egg white works really well, might be worth a try.

CyradisTheSeer Wed 23-Sep-09 12:36:13

Message withdrawn

MissHarrison Sat 26-Sep-09 22:42:17

MY little one had a similar thing and it lasted for 9 weeks of red raw blisters - we tried them ALL - in the end a combination of cavilion - which is a no sting barrior spray used on open wounds and metanium - I also had to stop eatring anything acidic - aswell as very regular nappy changes every hour... good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now