Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

seems in pain yet asleep

(4 Posts)
claireymallet Sat 18-Jul-09 09:51:30

My 4 week old daughter wails and groans and thrashes around very loudly pretty much most of the night yet appears to sleep through it. It looks as if she is really in pain. This is accompanied by frequent possetting. Everyone I speak to says "some babies are just noisy sleepers" but I'm worried its mroe than this. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Elibean Sat 18-Jul-09 10:58:37

Sounds very like silent reflux...my dd2 had it. Pain kicks in most whey they're lying down, especially a little while after a feed. I would talk to your GP, though some are more clued up on reflux than others - so be prepared to make a fuss!

If it IS reflux, it will become clearer as the weeks go on...dd's peaked at around 6-10 weeks (hard to say, because at 8 weeks she was prescribed meds and got a lot better).

claireymallet Sun 19-Jul-09 10:57:48

Thank you. I will give the infant gaviscon a go. Fingers crossed!

Elibean Sun 19-Jul-09 11:06:07

Good luck smile

Though also good to be aware (you probably already are, in which case apologies and ignore!) that Gaviscon can constipate...and in dd's case, it didnt' help much as she wasn't throwing up. She needed Ranitidine and Domperidone, but hopefully your dd will be fine without.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now