Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Diarrhoea in 3 year old

(2 Posts)
theminxy1 Sun 28-Jun-09 20:23:12

My 3 year old dd has had diarrhoea on and off for about a week. She's fine in herself (playing, chatting etc etc) and hasn't lost her appetite at all and is drinking loads.

I haven't let her have anything dairy and she's only been eating toast, pasta, mashed potato....

She'll go for hours with no symptoms at all and then all of a sudden it will start again. Or the diarrhoea disappears and I think she's better, only for it to return again a day later.

Anyone had anything similar? Will probably take her to GP tomorrow but not sure if they can do anything??

positiveattitudeonly Mon 29-Jun-09 15:21:35

Sorry to hear about your DD. Hope she is not suffering today.
Might be totally irelevant, but my DD1 & DS always has a runny bum when the weather heats up! They are now 18 & 13 and it still happens, although at their age they dont discuss it particularly!! Have the days of trouble coincided with hot weather?
Just a thought.
Wishing you well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now