Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS has a really raw patch between bum cheeks like a burn

(5 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Thu 04-Jun-09 20:44:02

Up high near the top of his bum cheecks (between bumhole & back) is all raw and shiny/wet like a burn, with rough edges where the cheeks aren't together if that makes sense... The rest is ok so I don't know how he got this or how to help it. I have left him nappyless ATM but as the cheeks sit together no air is really getting to it. I have been applying bepanthen too but it was almost too wet - it didn't do anything anyway. Anyone know what this is & how I can help it? Thanks

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 04-Jun-09 20:48:45

It's either thrush or an infection. I'd pop him to the GP so they can have a peek.

LadyOfWaffle Thu 04-Jun-09 20:59:51

ok, thanks

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 04-Jun-09 21:18:20

That's alright. I hope he gets better soon, it sounds really sore. Keep it as dry as you can and make an appointment with the GP in the morning. If he gets a fever then it's probably best to go to the GP quicker or take him to A&E though.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 05-Jun-09 20:20:00

Worth getting it looked at. dd had impetigo down there once!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now