Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

TMI, sorry, but has DD got thrush?

(4 Posts)
angelene Thu 30-Oct-08 22:43:41

She is often a bit red down there and has had a non-specific infection there, but today it was really red, and there's a slightly greenish stain in her knickers. Do you think it's just thrush and do I have to see the GP?

swampster Fri 31-Oct-08 00:27:28

Of course you should see your GP. Surely you don't need a bunch of random strangers to tell you that?

GinghamRibbon Fri 31-Oct-08 00:47:59

Yes, I would go see the GP. If she is wearing knickers then I assume she isn't a baby as the thrush could be apparent by whiteness in the roof of the mouth. But I would be more concerned about the greenish stain than anything else. Have you changed washing powder or started using something different in her bath. HTH.

Seona1973 Fri 31-Oct-08 13:06:34

my dd (nearly 5) has just got over the same problem - she was itchy, red and had yellowy green discharge. She was prescribed canesten 1% which we had to use twice a day. It took nearly 2 weeks to clear up completely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now