Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

White spots on ds1's permanent teeth!

(9 Posts)
KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Wed 22-Oct-08 22:37:20

What are they?

What caused them?

Will they go away?

They are big and I'm freaking out.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 23-Oct-08 08:29:03

They are only small and only on the bottom of his front teeth (permanent ones)

CoteDAzur Thu 23-Oct-08 08:37:53

Too much fluoride? Antibiotics?

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 23-Oct-08 08:39:27

fluoride free toothpaste virtually all his life. not too many antibiotics - 1 or 2 courses.

LilRedWGoreandguts Thu 23-Oct-08 08:42:00

DD has this on one of her first teeth. The dentist said it is caused by a lack of calcium when the teeth were forming, which would make sense as DD spent a month projectile vomiting her milk before she was diagnosed with dairy intolerance.

LilRedWGoreandguts Thu 23-Oct-08 08:45:00

Ooops - crossed tenses. blush

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 23-Oct-08 08:49:01

that makes sense. he's anaphylactic to dairy. Will they go away? Anything I can do?

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 23-Oct-08 08:49:35

does this mean teeth are weaker?

LilRedWGoreandguts Thu 23-Oct-08 10:51:33

Not sure Kerry, as DD's are on her baby teeth. Dentist did say that it will be like that until she gets her adult teeth, so either nothing can be done or he doesn't think it's worth it as she'll only have it for a few years.

It's probably worth having a chat with your dentist and see what he says. It may be something else altogether. Let me know how you get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now