Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

what to put on 1 year old bad scratch?

(9 Posts)
Sophie2 Sat 06-Sep-08 20:41:32

hi DS has started toddling about and fell backwards today and got quite a bad scractch on his back. Just wondered if there is anything i should be putting on it?

AvenaLife Sat 06-Sep-08 20:43:24

If it's bleeding then put a plaster or a dressing on it. If it's not then leave it. Take him to the doctors if it starts smelling/ozzing/goes red or feels hot. smile

nell12 Sat 06-Sep-08 20:43:35

Keep it clean and maybe a bit of germolene if he is distressed by it (it has a minor topical anaesthetic in it)

Prepare yourself, there will be plenty more scratches and grazes to come!

Sophie2 Sat 06-Sep-08 20:54:35

Thanks. felt a little silly making this post for such a minor issue, so advice greatly recieved!

madmarriedNika Sat 06-Sep-08 20:58:18

I really recommend hypercal cream- its homeopathic so very gentle for LOs, and it excellent for healing cuts and sores. Available from most chemists (Nelsons is the make I think).

nell12 Sat 06-Sep-08 21:03:39

Dont worry Sophie2, I was the same when ds took his first tumble!

That is what is so great about MN, we have all been there and so every issue about our LOs is important, no matter how minor smile

lou031205 Sat 06-Sep-08 21:07:49

Sudocream is great!

Tommy Sat 06-Sep-08 21:11:34

I put Sudocrem on everything!

Sophie2 Sat 06-Sep-08 21:16:06

O good one....i have lots of that! will pop soime on in the am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now