Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

yellow spots on tongue 3 yr old

(3 Posts)
Naboo Wed 03-Sep-08 17:56:41

What do you think it could be? Seems in good spirits, but it's bizarre. They have just come now. Was complaining of sore tongue - and then they seem to appear?

laurasmiles Wed 03-Sep-08 18:17:53

It could be thrush. Don't panic - this is easily treated. Just take him to the pharmacy and they can have alook and give you something for it fi it is - otherwise a trip to the doctors seems likely. Good luck and don't worry too much. Mouth infections are common in young children.

Naboo Wed 03-Sep-08 21:58:41

Thanks Laurasmiles. I'll take him to the pharmacy tomorrow. I spoke to our GP nurse and she said the same thing as a possibility. The high spirits stopped at bed time, so it's uncomfortable now. Funny thing is my dh had a sore tongue for two weeks. Said it felt like ulcers on it. It must either be a virus or thrush i suppose. ? Nurse suggested putting yoghurt or icecream on his tongue to make him feel better. That's my ds not my dh! Tomorrow's going to be interesting. Sigh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now