Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

swimmers itch - has anyone's lo's had this, or anyone have any experience of it

(3 Posts)
hazeyjane Mon 18-Aug-08 23:08:23

dd1 has come out in a rash which looks like hives, she is hot and miserable. Looks like an allergic reaction,so we have given her some Piriton, but I have just remembered we went to a lakeside 'beach' at Cotswold Water Park, acouple of days ago, and after dd1 and I had a paddle, I noticed a small sign warning that there had been a few rare incidences of 'swimmers itch' reported.

I have googled, but have come up with a lot of scary images of tropical worms and huge lesions.

I will take dd to drs first thing tomorrow, but does anyone have any experience of this - please?

dingdong05 Tue 19-Aug-08 11:04:42

shock don't know about this, but thought it deserved a bump!
Did the piriton work?

hazeyjane Tue 19-Aug-08 16:19:48

Thanks dingdong05, yes the Piriton did work and the rash had gone this morning, so am guessing it's not swimmers itch, but an allergic reaction. Got dr's appointment tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now