Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Purple toes in 8 yr old

(6 Posts)
LJH79 Sun 18-Feb-18 22:34:13

Bit of a weird one but my daughters toe has gone purple but seems to keep changing colour slightly. It was red for a while and then went purple and now looks reddish again. Planning oh going to docs this week as also has a small purple ish bruise on her foot on top as well. Any idea appreciated!

MyBrilliantDisguise Sun 18-Feb-18 22:35:54

That's odd. She hasn't knocked it?

Have you looked up Raynaud's? My friend's son has this but all of his fingers are that colour.

LuxuryTime Sun 18-Feb-18 22:40:19

Is it painful? I get patches that look like this, they are chilblains as a result of raynauds.

LJH79 Sun 18-Feb-18 22:45:30

No it's not painful but was itchy about 10 weeks ago. Thought maybe chilblains then but no idea how. Seems a long time since then to suddenly go purple now?! Feel bit silly going to docs but it's just a bit weird. Not knocked it and doesn't look like a normal bruise.

LuxuryTime Mon 19-Feb-18 22:26:05

I’d go with chilblains then, mine were usually itchy and only occasionally painful too.

Could be a circulatory problem like raynauds if there is no obvious reason for them happening. flowers

Lightsong Thu 22-Feb-18 14:59:08

I have a chilblain on my toe that started in December as just annoyingly itchy. It then went red/ purple after a while and it's only just going away now, so i think they can for stay a while.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: