Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Club feet - ponseti boots?

(3 Posts)
pjsgalore Tue 24-Oct-17 08:18:41

Hello! A friend of mine who lives in Zimbabwe had a little boy about a year ago who was born with club feet. He's had some surgery but to no avail, the feet are not straightening.

She messaged me this morning asking if I could try to find out where here she could get some secondhand corrective Ponseti boots - as new they cost £250 or so. But as far as I can see there are none?

I have no experience or knowledge of this whatsoever - if anyone out there does know anything about club feet or Ponseti boots or anything - I'd be hugely grateful! I'd really like to help her.

Bourdic Tue 24-Oct-17 11:21:52

I know someone who went through this with her DS ( both feet) with the boots and I’m afraid it’s much more complicated. There is good information on this charity’s web site which your friend might find helpful.
www.steps-charity.org.uk/

He’s fine now btw at the age of5

Santawontbelong Tue 24-Oct-17 11:23:29

The whole treatment is tailored to each individual child. My ds had his for 4 years. .Maybe you could offer to help her raise the cash for proper treatment?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now