Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sudden increase in bowel movements

(5 Posts)
AllTearsFlowFromLove Mon 17-Apr-17 20:33:08

My dc is 2yo and is a regular little lad when it comes to his movements. You can usually set your watch by him actually. He has a poo once a day and occasionally skips a day. Today however he has had six poos and his little bottom is red raw! I've asked if he feels ok and he said yes but has a tummy ache.

Further information:
He has just finished a week of amoxicillin last Wednesday, he's still in nappies (don't know how to start toilet training really as he doesn't seem keen), he's breastfed, he's very vocal so can explain and understand well.

Should I be worried? I'm obviously just putting it down to the fact his DGM gave him a massive Easter egg yesterday for now but don't know if that's enough to make him poo six times!

Badders123 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:57:19

Prob the anti biotics tbh
Pop some barrier cream on his bottom
Pro biotics help after anti biotics and I always give my kind ds them after a course

AllTearsFlowFromLove Mon 17-Apr-17 20:59:44

Do you have to get child probiotics or can he have the yoghurt drink type ones in the shops? Thank you btw x

Badders123 Mon 17-Apr-17 21:08:39

I tend to get optibac ones
Dairy should be avoided after stomach upset as it can cause temporary lactose intolerance
I get mine from Amazon

AllTearsFlowFromLove Mon 17-Apr-17 21:22:31

Well I'm dairy free so I know his bedtime feeds are safe. It might have been the chocolate bunny 😐 I'll amazon prime it tonight. Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now