Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How to get rid of rash

(4 Posts)
MummyBearToTeddy Fri 14-Apr-17 08:20:00

Good morning, my DC (2) has been on amoxicillin for nearly two weeks due to an ear infection, water infection and tonsillitis. It's only just started to get better. The antibiotics finished Wednesday so yesterday was our first day without them. This morning his temp is up a little bit (not scarily so like before when it was stuck above 40!) and he's now covered in a rash! I think it's probably due to the antibiotics having wiped his system out but I don't know how to get rid of it. He says it stings and it's head to toe! Photos aren't great but you can see the raised bumps of it and it's bright red.

SaorAlbaGuBrath Fri 14-Apr-17 08:21:13

Is it tough to the touch? DS2 was diagnosed with scarlet fever last week and his rash looked just like that and was rough to the touch.

SaorAlbaGuBrath Fri 14-Apr-17 08:21:23

Not tough, rough!

MummyBearToTeddy Fri 14-Apr-17 08:45:11

Yeah it is quite rough and bumpy. It's not nice to be fair. His cheeks show it better as they are circles of bright red. I can't upload a picture though it won't let me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now