Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cradle Cap Remedies

(5 Posts)
user1490066689 Tue 21-Mar-17 03:31:29

Hi, just wondering if anyone had any home remedies that really worked for them with cradle cap? My son is 7 weeks and has it badly all over scalp and face! Been doing oil and shampooing for few weeks now but not looking any different!! I use berts bees oil and shampoo! Any advice would be amazing! I think he may have super sensitive skin!

supergirl101 Tue 21-Mar-17 03:40:31

Have you tried almond oil? Failing that good old Vaseline worked for my baby. If the cradle cap looks red and angry take them to the doctors as it could be infected.

NeverTwerkNaked Tue 21-Mar-17 04:25:39

It might also be a sign of allergies.
My son's was like that and we eventually discovered he was allergic to cows milk and soya etc and was reacting even to traces in my breastmilk.

Killerqueen2244 Tue 21-Mar-17 05:05:48

I've been using Mustela foam shampoo that I got off Amazon, although it's a bit expensive I've found it's reduced my baby's cradle cap significantly.

Spongesecret008 Tue 21-Mar-17 21:36:45

My DS had really bad cradle cap and it did not go away completely until he was 6 years old. He has very sensitive skin. I used various oils because I did not want to use a medicated shampoo. In the end, when he was 6, I used a medicated shampoo and it seems to have gone for good. I agree with what never says. My son had eczema and very bad cradle cap which both improved when cows milk was removed from his diet.

I would recommend trying extra virgin coconut oil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now