Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

missing doctors notes for pre school booster :/

(4 Posts)
GreenGoth89 Tue 30-Aug-16 13:16:58

I took DSS for his preschool boosters just over a year ago. We moved 4 months ago and the notes have moved across but it seems that they didn't note it down and I forgot to bring his red book so I haven't got it written down either. Our new surgery are hassling us to get him to have it again - but surely that's not good if he's already had it? But I have nothing to prove it, what do I do?

lljkk Tue 30-Aug-16 19:50:25

It won't be dangerous to just get it done again.

HBSBeeches Tue 30-Aug-16 19:54:12

I give jabs but only once. If your child has had it and you're sure, I wouldn't give it again.

FadedRed Tue 30-Aug-16 19:57:43

IT won't do any harm (and may do some good in booster immune response) to repeat them. However, if you are positive that they were done, then you can refuse and ask them to enter the refusal and reason into his records.
Your new GP surgery would be negligent in not offering these immunisation in the absence of documentary proof that your son has been vaccinated. You might be asked to sign some 'disclaimer' that can be scanned into his records.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now