Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6 year old dd has a pot belly

(4 Posts)
Salmiak Mon 23-May-16 14:03:06

My dd is healthy, active, eats a good diet is within a healthy bmi, but she has a massive pot belly to the extent where i cant buy trousers/shorts that fit her (she wears a lot of skirts, dresses, leggings, etc but jeans will not fit). She doesn't suffer from constipation.

She's always had a bit of a belly, but recently its grown and she looks pregnant. She's not bothered by it, doesn't have stomach aches, but its definitely become very pronounced and she always looks bloated.

Should i take her to the GP to rule out anything, or just leave it and hope she grows out of it?

LostAtTheFair Mon 23-May-16 14:04:16

Definitely take her to the GP to be on the safe side

mawbroon Mon 23-May-16 14:05:07

Ds1 has this. It gets much worse if he drinks a lot of milk, so intolerance related in his case.

Backingvocals Tue 24-May-16 16:35:38

Definitely GP. Could be intolerance - and this was DS. Fairly benign. But could be something else so please talk to GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now