Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Worried about a near miss sids

(6 Posts)
Piperdog2009 Mon 01-Jun-15 10:44:11

My 7 month old co-sleeps with me and I usually place my hand on his belly often throughout the night for reasurance , last night I placed my hand on his belly and there was no breathing movement .. I looked at his and he wasn't his usuall coulor though there wasn't much light so I don't know .. He was stiff . He don't stir when I touched his face so I quickly wobbled his belly with my hand and he woke up no gasping it anything then playing and laughing for an hour .. I'm waiting to see a doc as we speak but I just can't imagine the alternative of he had been in a cot as I wouldn't have olace my hand on his tummy . What if it happens again and what if doc thinks I'm being neurotic x Tia

cosmicglittergirl Mon 01-Jun-15 11:35:49

I really hope your dr can reassure you, I'm sure they won't think you are being neurotic, if it's a worry it's worth checking out.
From my own experience my DD2 sometimes go very cold and stiff when sleeping and I have done the panic wobble too. Obviously I don't know, but perhaps it's a symptom of deep sleep?
Good luck. flowers

cosmicglittergirl Mon 01-Jun-15 11:36:18

*goes

Birgitz Mon 01-Jun-15 11:46:05

Sorry to hear this. We have a history of SIDS in our family, so I used to put a breathing monitor in my child's cot (under the mattress). The alarm would go off if they stopped breathing (it never did). I found this very reassuring.

Piperdog2009 Mon 01-Jun-15 11:54:18

Thanks ive seen the doctor and we've been referd today to go to childrens as she also suspects near miss sids x

cosmicglittergirl Mon 01-Jun-15 12:17:36

Hope it goes well for you. Thank goodness your dr took you seriously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now