Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Trying not to be a parental hypochondriac- should I be worried about permanently sniffly baby?

(4 Posts)
missmargot Thu 27-Mar-14 15:58:43

DS is 11 weeks old and has always been a snuffly baby. Sometimes snuffly turns to snotty but not so much that I'd call it a cold. It doesn't seem to bother him and his breathing seems fine.

Should I be worried about this at all? DS had pneumonia at birth but has recovered well and the hospital were happy with his respiratory system when they discharged him. I don't want to waste the GPs time being all PFB about it but a few people have commented recently and asked whether he has a cold which has made me feel like a bad mother.

HolidayCriminal Thu 27-Mar-14 18:59:27

If he's well in other respects (smiley gaining weight alert not always whinging) then he's okay to just keep an eye on, don't need medical advice.
I know it's hard not to worry, though.
H-Visitors are supposed to be good for this kind of question.

missmargot Thu 27-Mar-14 19:28:10

Thank you, he is really well, happy, gaining weight etc. I will try and get down to the clinic to see the HV next week, I know they get a lot of bad press but mine are really lovely. Thanks for suggesting it.

Mogz Thu 27-Mar-14 19:29:10

Newborns and babies can be very snuffly, my dd is now 15 weeks and her snuffling has jus started to quiet down. Quick check by the HV and she was declared 'fine, just noisy!' Perhaps your HV could put your mind at ease?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now