Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

high eosinophil count

(6 Posts)
ooopsididitagain Mon 10-Feb-14 12:48:13

My dd has just had some routine bloods done (to check iron levels as v heavy periods) and they have come back with a very high eosinophil count which can be caused by parasites in the tummy ( the sort you can only pick up abroad - we've never been) or possibly an auto immune disease. Does anyone know any thing about this/ had experience of? Trying not to google.....

choirmum Mon 10-Feb-14 22:59:09

It can also be a sign of an allergic reaction to something - is this a possibility in your DD's cae?

ooopsididitagain Tue 11-Feb-14 11:00:14

Thanks for the reply choirmum. As far as I know she has no allergies (she is 16 - haven't found any yet!). I cant think of anything new that she has been exposed to that could have triggered a reaction. Only other possible symptom is quite severe low tummy cramps.

Twighlightsparkle Tue 11-Feb-14 12:56:16

Hi I have a child with eosinophilia gastrointestinal disease, he doesn't have an abnormal blood level though and I havnt heard of the raised blood level being associated with the GI disease.

Hope she's better soon

ooopsididitagain Fri 14-Feb-14 11:12:18

Thanks for replying Twighlight - I had looked at that.More bloods done yesterday so wait and see I guess!

sleepywombat Sat 15-Feb-14 03:47:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now