Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.


(12 Posts)
thisfoofooisallmine Sun 17-Nov-13 17:35:59

Ds was at a party this afternoon and another little boy poked his finger in ds's eye, it was 5 hours ago.. Since then he is in agony, shall we take him to a & e ? His eye is all red, he had calpol which helped a bit and he is crying a lot :-{

ReluctantBeing Sun 17-Nov-13 17:36:51

Yes. Now.

DameDeepRedBetty Sun 17-Nov-13 17:37:20

Yes I'd go to A&E. It's Sunday afternoon, shouldn't be too many drunks clogging it up.

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Sun 17-Nov-13 17:37:39

I would. Yes.

HectorVector Sun 17-Nov-13 17:37:49

Yes take him. I wouldn't mess around when it came to eyes, I'd seek medical advice.

Antidote Sun 17-Nov-13 17:41:32

Yes. A & e. But do you have a choice of hospital? If I were in London I would go to moorfields eye hospital or the royal free (consultant led paediatric a&e).

For eyes it is worth going somewhere with an eye infirmary if possible.

thisfoofooisallmine Sun 17-Nov-13 18:05:34

Thank you all, thanks Antitode, we are far from the hospital names you gave, we are on our way poor ds sad

notapizzaeater Sun 17-Nov-13 18:09:45

Always better safe than sorry with eyes.

Antidote Sun 17-Nov-13 18:48:49

I'm sure you'll be very well looked after. Just feel I aught to pass on the little nuggets of insider info when I can.

Hope your ds is ok.

lunar1 Sun 17-Nov-13 18:50:14

Hope he is ok.

OneStepCloser Sun 17-Nov-13 19:00:57

Oh bless him, hope hes ok x

HectorVector Sun 17-Nov-13 20:35:27

Poor thing. Hopes it's all okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now