Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any personal experience (your child that is!) of undescended testicle OP?

(5 Posts)
sneezecakesmum Sat 17-Aug-13 11:49:56

5 year old needing this sad

What experience did your child have? Did they recover quickly? Any tips on making things a bit easier for them?

ostrander Mon 21-Oct-13 00:58:51

Ms sneezecakesmum

I saw this post and wanted to comment. I'm a 58 year old man who was born with an undescended testicle. I would be glad to talk with you and your child, but first, let me suggest you go to mayoclinic.com/health, then type in undescended testicle, then click on support. It should help with most of your questions. For the most part,it does not have be a problem and your son can have a normal life, especially with the support of a concerned, loving parent(s)

SPsTombRaidingWithCliff Mon 21-Oct-13 01:02:09

My brother is going for his doing at the end of the month. He is 2.5

How soon is he having the OP?

Clairsie84 Fri 01-Nov-13 10:49:07

My son is now 8 he had thus op when he was 6 it was first discovered when he was 4 but they wanted to see if it would come down on his own accord. The operation was successful and I was very surprised how quickly he recovered all you could see was a few small stitches on his sack and he was given a course of antibiotics and calpol and nurofen for pain relief. He walked like John Wayne for a few days and couldn't do Pe for 6 weeks but there were no concerns or problems

sarahsarahw Sat 01-Mar-14 17:46:08

Hello sneezecakesmum,

We're waiting to find out if our DS has an undescended testicle - I really hope it's just retractile!! My DH had the operation when he was 3 and today you can't tell any difference when you look at him smile A small bit of scarring but nothing more. He's written up his experience at undescendedtesticles.wordpress.com, they might help you make it easier for your DS.

V happy to talk more if you'd like to message.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now