Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

10 month old being sick for 6 days

(10 Posts)
ilovepicnmix Wed 29-May-13 16:08:43

He's been sick since Friday - vomiting and barely eating or drinking. He is grumpy but full of energy and producing wet nappies so something must be going in. Im going to take him to the docs tomorrow but not sure if im best to just not offer him anything other than water as everything seems to come back, what little he is eating or drinking. Any ideas? Thanks.

Bossybritches22 Thu 30-May-13 06:10:44

Stick to water, his system needs to clear, but I'd get him to a GP today he is very young.

ilovepicnmix Thu 30-May-13 12:43:18

Thanks bossy. We went this morning and, as I suspected, I was told just to keep as eye on him for another few days. My mum's just dropping off his urine sample but I reckon that will come back fine. The doc said there's no hard and fast rule about whether to give him milk and food, just do what I think is right. Helpful!!

Bossybritches22 Thu 30-May-13 16:06:55

Poor little mite, typical bloody doctor, vague & unhelpful!

My general rule of thumb is regular calpol (if it stays down) plain water or very dilute squash to drink (less yucky than mil if upchucked) and plain food like crackers or plain rice/pasta until he can keep it down.

As long as he has wet nappies & is drinking OK then he'll catch up on his food, probably be eating for England tomorrow!

Hope he perks up soon.

Sparkerparker Thu 30-May-13 23:56:51

Hi, hope your little one is getting better? Just wanted to say watch out for green sick (bile). It's not very common, but just keep an eye on the colour. If it is green (like grass), then pop down to A&e. I'm sure your little one has a bug, there are lots of nasty ones about but my little boy had sickness at 9 months that started off as regular sickness then turned green, which is much more serious.
Don't want to alarm anyone but someone once warned me about the danger of green sick and I'm glad they did - it saved my little boys life.
Hope he gets well soon.

ilovepicnmix Fri 31-May-13 16:10:48

Thanks SP. He's no better today. Worse in fact but he's still drinking water. He hasn't beem sick since about 3.30am so that's something. It just seems to have been going on for so long now. I'll be sure to keep an eye on the colour.

Bossybritches22 Sat 01-Jun-13 00:20:29

Aww poor lamb....stand by for exploding nappies it could be working through.

< totally unhelpful observation>

ilovepicnmix Sat 01-Jun-13 10:47:56

We've had yellow ones yesterday and today. Like when he was wee. Im guessing that's because he's back to having more milk than food.

MissMarplesBloomers Sat 01-Jun-13 23:44:32

Guess so...is he keeping more down today?

Poor wee scrap. Poor you too must be exhausted hope you get some sleep tonight.

<sorry 'tis BB under a NC for another thread & CBA to go back & forth>

grin

ilovepicnmix Sun 02-Jun-13 20:19:09

Hi BB. He seems to be pretty much back to himself today. Actually got smiles and laughs out of him. Hurrah. Here's hoping he sleeps better tonight as, as you say, I'm pretty exhausted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now