Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

travel sickness

(5 Posts)
flutterby84 Fri 17-May-13 19:24:59

hey this is my first thread so stick with me lol.
My son is 5 and for the last 3 ish years he's suffered from travel sickness most of the time he is fine but in august we have a long coach journey from plymouth to portsmouth then onto the isle of wight ferry i don't think he'll be to bad on the ferry coz he'll have fresh air but the bus journey will be about 6-7 hours and the longest journey we've done. can any one suggest anything to reduce chance's of throwing up but also stuff that he can do to curb the bordem.
I know it's probably been ask a million times but i'm at a lose lol

BabsCholmondeley Fri 17-May-13 22:30:53

I use a combination of travel bands and Joy Rides, which are made with quite a good antiemetic called hyoscine.

I used to get ds1 to lie down on ferries with me as I get travel sick too-it's the best non-drug prevention tactic I know.

Maybe an ipod with stories on to listen to.

Hope you have a sick free journey smile

iloveweetos Fri 17-May-13 22:33:55

Bands have worked for DD 5yo. She would be sick for small journeys aswel

Nevercan Sat 18-May-13 01:00:58

Sit at the front of the coach. It always made me feel better when I can see the horizon grin

flutterby84 Sat 18-May-13 10:32:09

thanks everyone coz we've never done a long trip like this i have never had to worry about travel sickness medicine etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now