Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Blue hands and feet

(2 Posts)
MarathonMama Thu 16-May-13 09:44:34

My DC has blue hands and feet at the moment and has done for the last few days. They are really cold even after being in a warm bed with socks on. He's fighting chest and ear infections and is on antibiotics. He only has a slight temperature. Is this normal? Thanks!

Poledra Thu 16-May-13 09:53:40

Yes, this was totally normal for DD2. I've had her stripped down to a vest but had to keep her socks on as, despite a high temperature, her feet were freezing. And the docs in A&E said it was perfectly normal too (when I had to take her in with a persistent high temperature which would not come down with medication).

With DD3, there is no point in feelingher forehead to see if she has a temp - you either need to feel her tummy or get the thermometer out, as her extremities rarely get hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now