Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Should I go to doctors tomorrow?

(17 Posts)
Osmiornica Sun 05-May-13 20:32:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Floralnomad Sun 05-May-13 20:33:59

If she has pus oozing out of her ear you should call the OOH doctor today .

VivaLeBeaver Sun 05-May-13 20:34:08

If its an infection they'll give antibiotics. If there's pus you should go.

beautifulgirls Sun 05-May-13 20:34:16

Yes take her. Ear infections should be taken seriously.

Moomoomee Sun 05-May-13 20:35:07

Umm earache is pretty painful. I would give calpol now and call doctors tomorrow even if just for a call back.

SizzleSazz Sun 05-May-13 20:35:16

I think you should call today - they will likely give antibiotics

CognitiveOverload Sun 05-May-13 20:35:41

Call the out of hours doctor

inneedofrain Sun 05-May-13 20:36:30

Op

Please take her to the docs

Give he some pain med and call ooh

Sounds like a bad infection if pus is flowing

Naoko Sun 05-May-13 20:36:38

Yes, go today, it's miserably painful and it sounds infected. My GP considers earache an emergency (ie same day appointment, not 'call an ambulance') even in adults.

Springforward Sun 05-May-13 20:39:11

I would probably call OOH personally, DS has had recurrent ear infections and when there is a discharge they usually prescribe antibiotics in our practice. If the drum has ruptured she'll possibly be in less pain now but calpol would perhaps help.

Springforward Sun 05-May-13 20:42:06

Posted too soon - if tomorrow wasn't a bank holiday I perhaps would wait for my own gp practice to open in the morning, unless there was a lot of pain or a high temperature to go with it.

LEMisdisappointed Sun 05-May-13 20:45:16

should you go to the doctors tomorrow? Err, no, she has pus coming out of her ears, you go to OOH now!!! Seriously she must be in agony

Osmiornica Sun 05-May-13 20:51:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Osmiornica Sun 05-May-13 20:53:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Springforward Sun 05-May-13 20:55:22

Also - taking her to the GP will start the process of deciding whether or not she would benefit from a referral to audiology/ ENT, even if she's not in pain now and even if it's decided to allow the infection to run its course (this happened with DS once when it turned out that he was growing something penicillin-resistant and the most suitable antibiotic was ototoxic).

Pet subject - DS has longish history of glue ear, currently in watchful waiting before final decision on surgery.

Osmiornica Sun 05-May-13 21:05:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Naoko Sun 05-May-13 22:22:56

It's good that she's not in a lot of pain, the drum's probably ruptured then - I had that a whole bunch of times as a child and the relief as soon as the drum went was enormous. Will probably need antibiotics though, so get her checked out in the morning at least.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: