Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

HPV jab

(4 Posts)
Bunbaker Thu 22-Nov-12 11:54:28

Is it usual for girls to feel rough after the second HPV jab? DD had hers yesterday, and this morning I had a phone call from school to pick her up after someone accidentally banged into the arm that had the injection. She is currently on the settee with a thumping headache and holding the sick bowl.

Bunbaker Thu 22-Nov-12 17:31:27

Anyone?

Sidge Thu 22-Nov-12 17:33:16

It's possible that she feels pretty ropey, some people do get a strong immune response to vaccines.

How is she now she's home? I would advise a cold flannel on her sore arm, paracetamol/ibuprofen and TLC smile

Bunbaker Thu 22-Nov-12 17:49:42

Thanks Sidge. She has picked up a lot. I think she would have been fine to stay at school if she had been allowed to sit somewhere quiet for half an hour or so, but the school matron rang me and asked me to collect her. I think she was in shock because someone had hit her on the arm (accidentally) right on the injection site and it hurt like hell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now