Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Whooping cough?

(4 Posts)
nellyjelly Sun 04-Nov-12 20:27:40

Ds is 2 and 4 months. Has been under par for a couple of days and has a nasty cough which comes and goes. His eyes are watery and he has a runny nose. i didn't notice a temperature today. Was thinking just a cold but then worrying about whooping cough. He is up to date with vaccs so don't know how possible this is. The cough isn't whooping but quite a nasty one.

I am not expecting a diagnosis but wondering if should go to docs tomorrow?

nellyjelly Sun 04-Nov-12 20:48:57

Sorry bumping. Would he be protected by having the vaccine?

dikkertjedap Sun 04-Nov-12 20:51:38

Hi, you may want to listen and look at the videos on this website from an English GP.

Vaccinated children can get whooping cough often without the characteristic whooping sound. However, I thought that somebody with whooping cough is coughing a lot, really a lot, not just now and then, but I may be wrong.

This year there is far more whooping cough around compared with previous years though.

I hope it isn't whooping cough as it is not for nothing also known as the 100 day cough.

nellyjelly Sun 04-Nov-12 20:56:38

Thanks for replying. His cough is getting worse. Think will go to docs tomorrow anyway just to get him checked. It is a harsh hacking cough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now