Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help, I think something is living up my child's bum!

(12 Posts)
LemonDifficult Sat 10-Sep-11 19:22:12

Oh, it's gross.

DS (4yo) had said he had a painful bottom so looked at it after bath. Red ring round the anus. Then I looked again and there was a blue/black lump (at 3 o'clock IYSWIM). I called DH to look two mins later - no lump. The we both looked again 5 mins later and yup, blue black lump back (this time at 12 o'clock).

What is it? Anyone know? I'm completely freaked out but trying to be casual with DS. I would appreciate any suggestions. GP shut til Monday and I guess it's not an emergency...

If it's relevant, he has recently developed a rash on his bottom (but higher up) which I just assumed was mild ecsema.

LemonDifficult Sat 10-Sep-11 19:30:38

I've got to bump this.

Elibean Sat 10-Sep-11 19:31:50

It sounds like a small pile or haematoma...I wouldn't freak out (don't think its alive smile) but I would visit GP on Monday. Has he had hard poos recently?

Collision Sat 10-Sep-11 19:31:53

No idea but I would take him to A&E pronto if he was in pain.

ajandjjmum Sat 10-Sep-11 19:33:15

Maybe phone your local out of hours place?

Istillfeelseventeen Sat 10-Sep-11 19:33:46

Im thinking a haemarroid? Is that even possible? Can you touch the lump, is it under the skin?

BendyBob Sat 10-Sep-11 19:34:12

Sounds like hemorrhoids.

Elibean Sat 10-Sep-11 19:35:10

ps pile = haemorrhoids

LemonDifficult Sat 10-Sep-11 19:37:22

Do small children get piles? It could be that. I was just freaked by it's appearance and disappearance. It was quite creature like.

NellyTheElephant Mon 12-Sep-11 16:28:42

My 4 yr old DD had a similar thing. Initially doctor did think that it might be a pile (yes children do get them), but as it was always inconveniently not there when we went to dr it was hard to know. Eventually I took a couple of photos of it when it was there and showed them to the dr. It turned out to be a polyp and she had to have a minor operation to remove it and she had 4 more further up in her colon which were also removed. So take a photo and show your doctor and then they should be able to work it out.

LemonDifficult Mon 12-Sep-11 16:34:34

Thanks, Nelly. You're right about this coming and going. What's a polyp?

LemonDifficult Mon 12-Sep-11 16:39:03

Oh, just read up. And booked appointment with GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now