Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is 17months too early for second molars?

(4 Posts)
notenoughsocks Tue 09-Aug-11 20:47:25

Just looking for advice/experiences.
My 17mo has the full set of teeth up to and including his fangs. He has recently started dribbling again and sticking his fingers in his mouth. The most (potentially) worrying bit is that he is off his food. It looks like classic teething to me but 17 months seems very early for second molars. If it is teething, how long could this go on for? Any thoughts?

TimeForCake Wed 10-Aug-11 13:09:12

My 18 mth old's teeth have been slower to come through and we are only just getting the first molars through. I hate teething!! My friend's 18 mth old already has his next set of molars and she said they were worse when they came through. Not sure how long they took though. Not much help but you're not the only one at least!

pozzled Wed 10-Aug-11 13:13:01

No, not too early. My DD had all her teeth by about 18/20 months, once she started teething she didn't really stop until they were all through.

notenoughsocks Thu 01-Sep-11 13:40:27

Thanks. Pozzled, perhaps my DS will turn out like your DD. I look forward to end of teething:-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now