Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

London hospital for baby referral. Whittington, UCH, or Royal Free??

(3 Posts)
mamaesi Fri 01-Jul-11 21:47:12

My baby is being referred for an eye problem...I have been given a choice of these hospitals...which would you chose?

Has anyone had any experiences with the pediatric departments in these hospitals?

bambiandthumper Fri 01-Jul-11 22:53:50

I know UCH has some connections with GOSH (where we are), so knowing nothing about any of them I would go with that, as GOSH are completely fab.
That is really unhelpful though.

JessKM Fri 01-Jul-11 23:21:47

Had experience of SCBU/NICU at UCH, absoutely outstanding, were there for our whole family. They also supported my daughter throughout a very difficult illness and again their care and compassion was nothing short of incredible, it was extremely personal, despite the fact you are a statistic in that hospital, the staff at childrens ward made us feel like we were the only thing that mattered!

Also they have a rapid referral scheme for children under a certain age or with certain conditions (maximum time we ever waited to see a consultant was about 8 days)

THe NHS choices website has reviews of individual services

GOOD LUCK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now